Today, it was announced that Peterborough will be amongst many places moving into a new Tier 4 of COVID restrictions. This has forced many of us to completely change or cancel out Christmas plans, and Peterborough Lions Club are no different.
Santa joined us on a hastily arranged Zoom call this evening and here’s what he had to say:
- First and foremost, Christmas is NOT cancelled. Santa knows who’s been good, he knows what you’re hoping to find in your stockings, and he is exempt from the Tier 4 restriction so will still be visiting you on Christmas Eve.
- Santa wanted to say thank you to the people of Peterborough who have come to see him on tour around Orton Wistow last night, or outside Sainsbury’s today or last weekend. He loves seeing you, even with social distancing, and he, along with Peterborough Lions Club, thank you for your generous donations which will be put to good use around Peterborough next year.
- But: Santa, and all of us involved with bringing him to you, have no alternative but to accept that for this year that must come to an abrupt end. This is to protect your safety and the safety of his Peterborough Lions helpers. Santa will return to his workshop to make sure that everything is ready for when he sees you in just six sleep’s time.
- Santa is extremely sad that he will not now be able to tour Netherton tomorrow, nor Stanground next Wednesday. But he has assured us that this just means he’ll have to bring extra chocolates when he returns in 2021.
Peterborough Lions Club would like to add that we thank Santa for his company this year and look forward to seeing him again next year.
You can find details about the projects supported by the money raised elsewhere on this website, including:
- Our community minibus, provided free of charge for use by local community groups
- Our current President’s nominate project supporting Peterborough Rape-Crisis Care Group.
- We hope that 2021 will allow the return of our annual Showtime, providing an entertaining free night out for hundreds of adults in care homes
- Not to mention many smaller projects.
Thank you Peterborough for your support. See you soon, stay safe.