Peterborough Lions Quiz is a popular pastime and fundraiser alike. It goes on sale each September and is available through Christmas and into the New Year, with quiz entries accepted until the middle of January.
Released on 1st September 2019, our 2019/20 “Fifty-Fifty” Quiz celebrates Peterborough Lions Club’s 50th birthday!
Help us to celebrate with 100 questions relating to the number 50, and the people, brands and events sharing our birthday.
The current price, unchanged for several years, is £1.50, and there are several cash prizes of up to £100.
- Where to get it
- Selling it on a 50:50 basis to benefit other great causes
- Terms & Conditions
Where to get it
Lions volunteers can often be found at supermarkets and other locations selling the quiz, and they are also on sale from other shops and locations. We are heavily dependent on the support of supermarkets and other local businesses and charities for their help selling the quiz (with charities retaining 50% of the sale value towards their own fundraising efforts).
The 2019/20 Quiz went on sale on the 1st of September 2019. A map of local stockists is available. Any local business that would be interested in helping us sell the quiz should contact us – we really would love to hear from you!
If you can’t get to one of the locations in person, then don’t worry because for a small credit card and postage fee of £1 (no matter how many you order) you can buy them online. Or, if you prefer, you can send a large stamped addressed envelope with a cheque for £1.50 for per quiz sheet to:
Lion Carol Rogers
63 Riverside Mead
Please make all cheques payable to Peterborough Lions Club.
All orders received before the quiz is available will be shipped as soon as it is.
Selling it on a 50:50 basis to benefit other great causes
Every year, many other great causes sell our quiz sheets for us, and retain 50% of the cover price for every quiz sold. This has allowed many organisations – other Lions clubs, Charities, Scouts & Guides, Hospital groups, churches, etc, to share over £90,000 over 17 years. The Quiz is quite well known across Peterborough (and beyond!) and often sells itself, and we’re always looking for new groups to work with directly, or for outlets looking to raise funds for their own chosen charity.
So, if you are a group looking to raise funds, or a shop, pub, workplace, or other potential outlet with a nominated charity, please get in touch!
We’d like to offer a huge “thank you” to all those who sell and promote our quiz leaflet for us, including the locations on the above map. And of-course, on behalf of all the worthy causes that benefit from the funds raised, we would like to say thank you for taking part to everyone who buys the quiz, many of whom seek us out every year.
Terms & Conditions
About the quiz:
- Quiz entries must be received by midnight on the closing date to be included in the prize draw. Peterborough Lions cannot take any responsibility for entries delayed in the post. All entries received before the closing date will be treated equally.
- The prizes will be awarded to the first all correct entries drawn, in order, no later than Peterborough Lions Club’s March 2020 Business Meeting. A full list of winners will be posted on this website shortly after that date.
- In the event that insufficient all correct entries are received, the prizes will go to those entries with the highest number of correct answers, drawn at random and in order of prizes.
- Whilst the utmost care has been taken to ensure the answers are correct and unambiguous, the Club’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Please ensure adequate postage is applied; mail requiring a surcharge will not be collected. Additional details, including errata, winner list and answers, will be published on this website.
- Only one answer per question is permitted but obvious erasures or corrections are acceptable.
- All winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw. Please enclose a large stamped self addressed envelope with your entry if a printed copy of the answers is required.
About the information we collect from you:
- If you supply an email address, then that email address and your name (but nothing else) will be retained so that we can notify you of future Peterborough Lions events. They will not be used (nor sold) for any other purpose, and you can opt out from the emails at any time.
- Otherwise we will only use the details entered on the quiz for the purposes of notifying you should you win a prize (and to send you a cheque!).
- Stamped addressed envelopes will only be used for their intended purposes (returning entered quiz sheets with answer sheets, or posting purchased quiz sheets). No data will be collected from them or retained once posted.
- Returned quiz sheets will be securely destroyed within 3 months of the prize draw.
- A list of winners will be published after the draw. This will include the first initial and surname of the winner, their town (and/or country, if outside the UK), and the prize value. This information will be available on this website and other places.
All quizzes are created fresh each year by our tight-knit team of volunteers – we don’t buy stock questions from a third party. To err is human, and despite hours of proof-reading and a team of testers we occasionally do make mistakes.
Errata for recent quizzes are below. But every year we sell thousands of quiz sheets and it is impossible to ensure that all purchasers see any corrections. For that reason, if a question has a correction below, then for fairness it will be excluded from marking.
- 2019/20 “Fifty-Fifty” Quiz
In keeping with our “50” theme, we appear to have made two mistakes in our 100 questions, that is an error rate of 1-in-50.
- Question 14: Should read “Fast route to Wales”
- Question 77: Should read “Issued in 1969”
- 2018/19 “Heroes & Villains” Quiz
- Question 15: Should read “29 Acacia Road”
- Question 82: A great Telford rival